Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Would this drain pipe work?

On Sunday, April 2, 2017 at 12:09:15 PM UTC-4, dpb wrote:
On 04/02/2017 11:01 AM, Lenny Jacobs wrote:
Would someone please tell me if there is anything wrong with the drain
pipe in the following photo? Please note that the actual pipe is not yet
installed. The photo shows the cutting in the wall where pipe will go.
The distance is 4 feet to the corner and another one foot to the waste
pipe.

I'm asking the question because all the drain pipes I have seen go
straight down, never horizontal. Thanks.

http://g.udn.com.tw/upfiles/B_LI/lin...21123867_1.jpg

Drain lines have horizontal (or nearly so) runs all the time;

Obviously, or crap would only be able to go straight down and
we all know it goes various distances, including miles, to
get where it's ultimately going.

it's
impossible to always have everything directly on top of everything else.

There are Code rules pertaining to drop, length to vent, etc., etc.,
etc., ...

+1

What is it the drain for?