Mike Mitchell

Default painting up to ceiling

On 15 Dec 2003 01:09:49 -0800, (chris) wrote:

I am a bit of a novice as far as DIY is concerned, but I am tackling
our smallest bedroom )

The walls are painted blue and the ceiling white. I am finding it very
difficult to get a smooth line where they meet. Are there any
techniques to doing this? Or do I just need a steady hand?

Any help appreciated

Get yourself a paint lining wheel. This is a device shaped like a fat
pen with a wheel at one end (about the size of a five pence piece) and
a tube to contain the paint. The one I've got came with three wheels
of different widths from 1/16 to 3/32 - yes, I bought it about 25
years ago!

However, its use and the efficacy thereof is dependent to a degree on
the surface you're painting. If smooth, you can obtain a dead straight
line with practice. You then paint up to the line with the fill-in
colour.

Here's a link:
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/zebracolor/index36.html

MM