Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Selling A House With A Shop - Leave It For Showing Or Empty It?

On Monday, April 3, 2017 at 10:01:10 PM UTC-4, J. Clarke wrote:
In article ,
says...

On 03 Apr 2017 21:35:48 GMT, Puckdropper
puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote:

wrote in
:

Or a thousand miles South and get three times the house on 20 times
the property and still be within an hour[*] of six woodworking stores.
;-)

[*] Well, before a key highway collapsed.

Yeah, but what happens when it rains?

I've been there (Atlanta) when it's rained... Sure doesn't take long for
someone to slide into someone and clog up all the major expressways out of
town.

Is Toronto better about that?

Puckdropper

Significantly. I've driven through/around Atlanta a couple times -
the traffic is nothing compared to Toronto - but I've NEVER made the
trip without a traffic delay from some driver doing somethinf stupid.

I used to commute from the outskirts to Georgia Tech. Traffic wasn't
really that big a deal most days. A lot better than Hartford. Of course
Hell is probably better than Hartford.

I grew up in NYC. I hated NYC traffic since Day 1.

My family and I used to leave for Jones Beach at 6AM. We'd eat breakfast at the beach,
swim until it got crowded and then drive home, laughing at all the people stuck in traffic
on the LIE and Meadowbrook trying to get to Jones Beach. (and they were going to be
stuck on the way home too.)

After getting out of the USCG and going to college in NYC, I only took interviews for
jobs outside of NYC. Why? Because I grew up in NYC and I hated NYC traffic since Day 1.

I like to drive and for the past 30+ years I've been able to.