Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Selling A House With A Shop - Leave It For Showing Or Empty It?

On Mon, 3 Apr 2017 21:36:38 -0400, FrozenNorth

On 2017-04-03 9:24 PM, wrote:
On Mon, 3 Apr 2017 17:01:38 -0400, FrozenNorth

On 2017-04-03 4:54 PM,
wrote:
On Mon, 03 Apr 2017 13:28:56 -0400,
wrote:

On Mon, 3 Apr 2017 08:40:29 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 4/2/2017 10:57 PM,
wrote:

If it's really that hot, housing is very under priced. Ninety days is
considered "normal". This isn't even the normal peak buying time.

BTW, if I move again, I certainly wouldn't even try to buy a house
after selling. Way too stressful.
When a 3 bedroom 45 year old semi-detatched home with no garage in a
"working class" subdivision sells for over $350,000 I don't think the
house is "under-priced"
With the influx of Toronto buyers I think you could sell a henhouse in
a week for what would have been the high end of the market for a
decent house less than 2 years ago.
It's NUTS.

How easy is getting a mortgage? I hope it is not heading like our
housing market before the bubble burst. Of course, if you earned $2000
a month and your payment would be $1999 you qualified.

It does seem to be going back that way. Not so much qualified income
and no-docs, perhaps, but the (close to) 100% loans are back.
Not up here. Thank Goodness.
It's bad enough that the "well healed" Torontonians are grabbing up
everything in sight (The vast majority recent immigrants, by the way)
without all the riff-raff joining them. It does make it hard for our
kids to buy houses - they would qualify for what the houses were
selling for 2 years ago - but now they are being totally bid out of
the market - with Semis and townhouses over $300,000, and bidding wars
- and lineps around the block when new condos go up for sale. This
weekend a 40 unit condo sold out in hours - with a waiting list for
the next tower virtually selling it out before it is built.And it's
not a cheap condo tower ----. Being 10 minutes from the 401 it was
sold almost totally to Toronto Commuters.

That drive must be brutal on the 401, through part of Toronto,
Mississauga and the rest of the trip to Waterloo, especially doing it in
rush hour twice a day. It would be different if I could get a job
there, and probably pocket a good hunk of change.

On a good day an hour will get me from North Waterloo to Pearson. My
oldest daughter drives from Midtown Kitchener to World Place in
Mississauga -She generally allows an hour and a half and usually gets
there early enough to stop for a coffee. There have been times where
it took over 2 hours, and sometimes she takes the back roads to
Milton. from Mississauga, or from Milton to Mississauga.
It IS a nerve wracking drive, but nothing like driving from
Mississauga to Scarboonie, or vice versa!!!!!!

What kind of work do you do??

Retired now, worked in computers, programming and network admin for many
years. In the mid eighties I actually did drive the
Mississauga/Scarborough run for a commute, that got old, and fast, got a
job in Mississauga.

Back when I was in the automotive service business as Service Manager
for Toyota I used to make the run from Waterloo to Scarboonie every
couple of months. Started out I could do the trip in an hour and a
half to get to headquarters for 9am if I left at 7:30. Then it got so
I could do it in an hour and a half if I left at 7, but it took over 2
if I left at 7:30. By the time I got out of that business back in '89,
if I wanted to be there for 9am I had to leave at 5:30 - and I'd
arrive at 7:00. If I left at 6:00, I'd get there at 8:00, if I left at
6:30 I might get there by 9:30 on a good day - - - -