Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Solar Powered Garage Door Opener.

"David R. Birch" wrote in message
On 4/1/2017 3:29 PM, Neon John wrote:
On Mon, 27 Mar 2017 10:23:44 -0700, Sister Ray wrote:

The OP got a variety of answers to a very generalized question. If
he
wanted a particular type of solution, he should have said so.

Thanks for the input. I thought my original post indicated that I
was looking for an existing design, not something I had to develop.

"I've been think about installing this in my garage which has no
electricity running to it. I've googled "Solar Powered Garage Door
Opener" and only found general talk, no one who's actually done it
and no company that makes one.

Has anyone here done this or have more info?"

David

No, I haven't done it, and wouldn't attempt to design a solar battery
system that needed high long term reliability without periodic
attention.

Is there a separate entry for when the battery fails? You (= healthy
male) can disconnect and open the door manually if it's properly
balanced, but only from inside.

I already told you how to find a 12V opener with a backup battery that
you could charge with the HF 45 Watt kit.

If that's too much to "develop" you have to ask yourself if you can
install and maintain the system yourself without local expertise. The
pros won't touch DIY installations.
-jsw