Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Old farm style white grindwheels

On 3 Apr 2017 03:02:25 GMT, "DoN. Nichols"

On 2017-04-02, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sat, 1 Apr 2017 06:46:06 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"MOP CAP" wrote in message
On these old style stones what was the recommended SFM?
Thanks,
CP

A modern equivalent:

http://www.grizzly.com/products/Slow-Speed-Grinder/G1036?utm_campaign=zPage&utm_source=grizzly.com

Firefox fails to properly parse that (or the shortened version ending
in g0136.) and Griz doesn't care. "Use MSIE or Chrome" they say.

My firefox had no problems with it, once I stretched the window
so the URL was not folded.

FWIW My firefix is an older one -- but I've already closed it so I can't
look up the version. :-) Anyway -- the machine running it *can't* run
either MSIE or Chrome -- and I'm glad of that.

Yeah, you're on some ancient and alien comp, Don.

I've edited the URL by adding a '' at the start and a '' at
the end, which makes some e-mail clients avoid breaking the URL.

Ditto, and the link listed is with the GT/LT signs.

Let's see, 70rpm with a 10" wheel is 183-1/4sfm. The old 24" or 30"
farm stones ran about 15rpm, so that's 94 or 118ish SFM.

According to the PDF of the manual, the 10" big wheel turns at
60 RPM. *And* it runs in water, and when left unused for a while, the
reservoir should be drained. Anyway -- the wheel is not expected to be
used dry.

That's interesting, as the quick info has it listed as 70rpm. That's
either a typo on the website or a change by the mfgr for Griz.

--
The more you know, the less you need.
-- Aboriginal Saying