Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT Remington model 511 .22 bolt action

On 4/1/2017 7:38 PM, wrote:
SNIP

That sounds like a good deal. By the way, I once made a D-bit chamber reamer for a small wildcat. I used it, but I found that cutting into good barrel steel with that thing was more of a challenge than I expected. I had a Douglas barrel that was unchambered.

I wound up drilling out most of it with regular twist drills, leaving some meat for the D-bit reamer. It worked OK, if slowly, but then I learned some more about wildcats and realized I had come up with a potentially dangerous cartridge. g

It was a .32 cal H&R Magnum pistol cartridge swaged and necked down to .22, for lead bullets. The brass was too thin for a wildcat tyro like me to be playing with. It was going to be my squirrel- and indoor schuetzen rifle (I was a member of ASSRA in those days), built on a replica, miniature Farquharson action that I still have. Maybe I'll do something else with it.

I remember reading about this, some time ago:

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthr...Re_6mm_Mach_IV