Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default Dinky Toys string

On Monday, 27 March 2017 08:33:24 UTC+1, Graeme wrote:
In message ,
harry writes
On Sunday, 26 March 2017 22:42:34 UTC+1, Max Demian wrote:

The OP said, "completely working state" - not the same thing at all.
Collectors' toy (sorry, "model") trains mustn't have been run on any
rails as that shows visible wear on the wheels.

I should think that only rich collectors can afford as new toys.
The poorer ones will have the ratty stuff.

Interesting comment. The tinplate 0 gauge world is split - there are
those who search for the very best examples which must have the original
box, tested ticket, guarantee, instructions etc., and wheels never touch
rails. Shelf queens, as the Americans say.

I can't imagine how such stuff could exist.
Can you imagine getting a toy train for Christmas and not playing with it?
Or did people buy stuff and stash it away as an investment years ago.

Most of the stuff I had for Christmas back in the fifties was second hand. As it was for virtually everybody I knew.