CMF

Default Attic ventilation woes

I appreciate any help I can get, as my electric bills are ridiculous.

Couple of questions, and pardon me in advance if they sound stupid or
patronizing.

First, have you taken temperature measurements of the attic vs the outside
air? High electric bills are not necessarily attic related. I

Second, is this particular soffet setup all the way around the house? It
looks a bit unusual to me, but then I am not an expert. Is this a northern
house, and is this some sort of Ice-Dam prevention setup? (I'm down in the
DFW area, and we don't have ice dam issues.)

Okay, three questions. What kind of ventilation do you have beyond the
soffets? Do you have ridge vents, power vents or Turbines, or perhaps none
of the above?

Maury
Wylie, TX