Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT Remington model 511 .22 bolt action

wrote in message

On Friday, March 31, 2017 at 8:21:55 PM UTC-4, Bob La Londe wrote:

If I had had a good look at the inside of the barrel. I might have
passed
on it. It had what was possibly grease in the barrel, but after I ran a
couple of swabs thru it, it looked good.

Dan

Even if its shot out relining a .22 is not beyond the reach of the home
shop
gunsmith.

I am glad I do not need to reline it. But I would like to know whele one
can buy stock to use in relining. I have thought about building a CO2
rifle. I probably will never do it, but it is something I think about.

Dan

Barrel liners are readily available thru Brownell's in a number of low power
calibers. If you want to build an air gun I'd go PCP. I'm thinking a .32
caliber home made PCP may be in my future. Something with a little bigger
bite than my .25s.