Posted to sci.electronics.repair
David Farber David Farber is offline

Default Drain motor for Whirlpool WDF750SAYW0.

My dishwasher isn't draining. The drain lines are clean. I removed the drain
pump motor and the first thing I noticed was that when you begin to turn it
by hand, there is a lot of resistance from what feels like a magnetic force.
Then when you continue turning it by hand and overcome the magnetic
resistance, it pops into its next neutral position, sort of like when you
turn a crankshaft on a gas engine by hand and the resistance of the lifters
gives way on the other side of the cam lobe. When I powered it up on the
bench, the motor shakes quite a bit. What would cause a failure like this?

Thanks for your replies.
--
David Farber
Los Osos, CA