Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Aviators oxygen vs welding or medical oxygen.

David Lesher wrote:
"Michael A. Terrell" writes:

The reduction towers are huge, and the pumps are noisy. I used to
live near it, and I was involved in the upgrade when the sections of new
towers were transported from the Ohio river, through our cable TV
system.

I never knew you could transport towers via CATV.
Does it require a newer than DOCSIS III modem?

No, DOCSIS didn't exist in the early '80s, so they used 40 axle,
4,000 HP crawlers with a top speed of a couple miles an hour. The trip
took days, and it required shutting down part of State RT 4 in SW Ohio.
The sections of the cooling towers were unloaded from a barge at Delhi
Township. It had to climb some steep hills, then it traveled around
Hamilton Ohio on Bypass 4. It then took St Rt4 to Engele's Corner just
south of Middletown, right onto Oxford State Road, then left onto Yankee
Road where the Air Products plant is located. Overhead utilities had to
be raised, or removed to allow it to pass. Since CATV lines are the
lowest, we had the most physical plant to remove. We had two crews
working with the rigging company. the first removed deops that crossed
the road, just ahead of the crawlers, and the second reinstalled them as
they followed it.

8846!4d-84.397463

--
Never **** off an Engineer!