Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT Remington model 511 .22 bolt action

On Sat, 1 Apr 2017 04:55:36 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Friday, March 31, 2017 at 8:21:55 PM UTC-4, Bob La Londe wrote:

If I had had a good look at the inside of the barrel. I might have passed
on it. It had what was possibly grease in the barrel, but after I ran a
couple of swabs thru it, it looked good.

Dan

Even if its shot out relining a .22 is not beyond the reach of the home shop
gunsmith.

I am glad I do not need to reline it. But I would like to know whele one can buy stock to use in relining. I have thought about building a CO2 rifle. I probably will never do it, but it is something I think about.

Dan

Brownells sells barrel liners. I put one in an old rifle a year or two
ago. The process is simple. The hardest part is drilling out the
barrel for the liner. But any competent metalworker can do it. Full
instructions available online at Brownells web site.
Eric