Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Turn signals

Diesel wrote: "You know what they say about assuming..."

YES. Some years ago I *ass*umed the
driver of an older white Mercedes, approaching
in the opposite lane from over a quarter mile
away, left directional blinking, was actually
going to turn left. No other traffic was preceding
him or following him, I activated my left blinker,
and commenced my left turn.

Next thing I know, in mid turn, that white Benz
was bearing down on me, blaring his horn,
left directional STILL blinking away! I had
a split second to react, and floored my gas
pedal to expedite my left turn. I avoided my
tail quarter being clipped by the Mercedes
by mere inches!

Despite my racing heart, I still had time to
glance to my left, and see the white Benz
fading down the road, left turn still blinking
away obliviously.