Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default OT Turn signals

On Friday, March 31, 2017 at 3:48:52 PM UTC-4, Meanie wrote:
On 3/31/2017 2:12 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Friday, March 31, 2017 at 1:59:42 PM UTC-4, Neill Massello wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:

I don't pull out until the other driver has committed to the turn by
beginning the turn. I don't care if they slow to a crawl. Unless they
begin to turn - or wave me out - I don't claim to know their intention.

Are you suggesting that turn signals are useless?

Nice stretch.

Actually, I think it's a fairly valid question. If one ignores the use
of signals or the observance of them, perhaps they deem them useless or
pointless.

Fairly valid? Now there's a strong endorsement.

I described a specific situation where I wait until I'm sure of the driver's intention: The situation
where my pulling out in front of the vehicle that has the turn signal on will result in an accident
if the vehicle does not turn.

How does that strech to "I think turn signals are useless"?