Posted to sci.electronics.repair
tom tom is offline

Default Old EPROM questions

wrote in message
All that know,
I have a machine tool made in 1985 that has, apparently, a faulty
circuit board. This board has EPROMs on it that I will need to remove
and insert into a replacement board that is coming to me. Aside from
making sure I am grounded to both the board and to the ground itself
are there any other precautions I should take? Also, when the machine
won'y be busy for a week or two I would like to get the EPROMs copied.
I could send them to someone but I am also considering doing the job
myself. I have other EPROMs of the same vintage that I can practice
with if I do the job myself but I don't know if this is something I
should try with the ones I really want back ups of. Any advice?
Thanks,
Eric

Remember that the EPROMS are static sensitive. Use appropriate anti static
procedures when working with those chips.

Google ESD for more details.