Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default OT Remington model 511 .22 bolt action

On Fri, 31 Mar 2017 08:54:27 -0700 (PDT)
" wrote:

Just feeling chuffed. Went to a tag sale yesterday where they had a .22 for sale. And I really ought to have bought it as it was only $55. So today went back as soon as it opened , and bought it for 20% off.

If I had had a good look at the inside of the barrel. I might have passed on it. It had what was possibly grease in the barrel, but after I ran a couple of swabs thru it, it looked good.

I am sure my grandson will appreciate it. I had the same model when I was a bit younger than him.

Nice buy. I'm rather fond of bolt actions. Especially with a nice scope
on top. Old eyes and glasses don't work the best with iron sights.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remington_Model_511

Looks like they made a few variants too...

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b