Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Old EPROM questions

All that know,
I have a machine tool made in 1985 that has, apparently, a faulty
circuit board. This board has EPROMs on it that I will need to remove
and insert into a replacement board that is coming to me. Aside from
making sure I am grounded to both the board and to the ground itself
are there any other precautions I should take? Also, when the machine
won'y be busy for a week or two I would like to get the EPROMs copied.
I could send them to someone but I am also considering doing the job
myself. I have other EPROMs of the same vintage that I can practice
with if I do the job myself but I don't know if this is something I
should try with the ones I really want back ups of. Any advice?
Thanks,
Eric