Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default LED lights for refrigerator

On Thursday, March 30, 2017 at 11:16:18 PM UTC-4, Seymore4Head wrote:
Are LED lamps suited for the vibration of a refrigerator lamp or
should I use heavy duty vibration resistant appliance incandescent?

I am guessing Compact Fluorescent Light Bulbs are a bad choice.

LED's don't gave filaments to break so vibrations aren't an issue.

I have a 100W LED in my old fashioned trouble light. I've dropped that thing so
many times it's ridiculous. The LED just keeps humming along.

Take a look at the flexible strings of LED lights and you'll see what an LED looks
like and why vibration doesn't bother them. I string a set of 12V LED's through the
frame of my pop-up canopy when I go camping. You can be pretty rough with them.
(Add a dimmer and you've got bright light for cooking, dim light for ambiance.)