Andy Hall

Default Off topic but wanted windows 98 disk

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 22:04:33 +0000, geoff wrote:

In message , Colin
Wilson writes
I know this is slightly off topic, I was wondering if any one has an old
windows 98 cd, I would gladly pay for it plus postage.

If you just need the files and can copy them to the HD for practicality
using something like a boot floppy, then you`re looking at ~121Mb of
data.

Sadly, the patches come to 156Mb according to my little backup directory
:-p

(that might include win98 as well as 98se though, but I doubt many are
duplicated - this will include IE6.x and updates, and DirectX 9b)

I heard that uS were withdrawing support for 98, 98SE and Millennium in
January - better get your updates in quick.

Is there any way of saving updates to file ?

If you find the right MS web page (typically for administrators) they
are downloadable in most cases.

However they do intend you to use the automatic update stuff so it can
take some hunting.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl