Posted to alt.home.repair
Diesel Diesel is offline

Default water is yellow after draining hot water heater

TimR
Thu, 30
Mar 2017 12:07:38 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

Every hear of a high water safety? Didn't think so.

Yes, I have, actually. You shouldn't assume things about people you
don't know. I also know that the WATER HEATER in my house is NOT A
HOT WATER HEATER, the incoming water isn't already hot! It's a water
heater, it heats the water (in my case 165degrees) and maintains that
temperature.

When something in the house uses some, fresh, cold/mebbe luke warm
depending on time of year goes into it to replace what I took out,
and, it resumes heating that water to the desired temperature, if I
actually took enough to make a difference to it. And that's all it
does.

But hey, at the end of the day, if the OP wants to give someone a
good laugh, feel free to continue calling it a 'hot water heater'.
Plumbers, electricians, parts person where you bought it or are
looking to buy one will enjoy the home owners wannabe expertise on
the subject. If they're professional, they'll just nod their head and
that customer will be the subject of conversation in route to the
next service call.

If they aren't as professional, they might ask the customer if
they're looking to purchase a boiler, rather than a water
heater...Yes, the person knows what the customer is actually looking
for, but the customer is using the wrong terminology if he's calling
that water heater in his house a 'hot water heater'. If the water is
already hot, you don't need it further heated, do you? Bit redundant,
wouldn't you say? Unless, we're discussing boilers.

Proper terminology is important. People who don't know any better
call everything that's rogue software a 'virus'; the majority of the
time, especially these days, there's no actual virus on the machine,
but a trojan instead. They aren't the same thing, not even close.
Viruses and worms intentionally replicate their own code. Trojans do
not. What people call malware these days can usually be removed by
deleting the associated executables and modded registry keys.
Viruses, heh, you don't just delete an executable or two and
reconfigure some keys to get rid of it. It doesn't work that way.

--
Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. There are
too many people who think that the only thing that's right is to get