Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair
dvus dvus is offline

Default 8-month-old boy killed by family pit bull in Maryland1

On 3/30/2017 7:42 AM, burfordTjustice wrote:
On Thu, 30 Mar 2017 04:51:02 -0400
dvus wrote:

On 3/29/2017 5:47 AM, burfordTjustice wrote:
On Wed, 29 Mar 2017 05:06:36 -0400
dvus wrote:

On 3/28/2017 6:12 AM, burfordTjustice wrote:
On Tue, 28 Mar 2017 04:47:56 -0400
dvus wrote:
On 3/27/2017 2:46 PM, burfordTjustice wrote:
On Mon, 27 Mar 2017 07:47:11 -0600
rbowman wrote:
On 03/27/2017 04:20 AM, dvus wrote:
On 3/26/2017 10:24 AM, OG38 wrote:
On 3/26/2017 8:33 AM, burfordTjustice wrote:

8-month-old boy killed by family pit bull in Maryland1

I hope the family is happy... Just my opinion but I believe
anyone that owns a dog of that nature is sick as hell...

No dog is born with that "nature", it's trained into them. Pit
bulls just happen to be of a size that makes that kind of
training produce a dangerous animal. Some of the meekest dogs
around are pit bulls that have been raised in a normal
fashion. Treat any large dog the way that one undoubtedly was
and you'll have a similarly dangerous animal.

http://www.kptv.com/story/21313261/p...ck-little-girl

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/359...th-single-bite

Nice but there are way more killings by pit bulls than
chihuahuas and jack russles combined.

I don't doubt that but you should factor in that those looking to
raise a vicious animal are more likely to pick a pit than a
chihuahua.

You are right not many drug dealers/gun runners/other assorted
scum get a chicuahua or jack russel.

Agreed. They prefer dogs they can train to be aggressive.

chihuahuas usually go to girlie men and jack russels to farmers.

That's a somewhat broad generalization but does serve to underline
the fact that aggressive pits are usually the result of being
raised by people classed as undesirables who intentionally
mistreat them in order to get an aggressive dog.

yet with no signs of abuse or past aggressiveness an 8 month old
baby is dead.

A tragedy no doubt, but I've yet to see documented evidence of how
that animal was raised and trained. Until then I believe any
conclusions of general pit bull behavior based on this case is
premature.

Until I see documented evidence they trained it to be aggressive or
violent I will believe the story as published.

"The dog attacked the baby €œout of the blue,€ he said."

"The dog, which weighed about 65 pounds, had no history of being
aggressive and would be tested for rabies, the sheriff said. The family
friend, a female neighbor who unsuccessfully tried to stop the attack,
was taken to a hospital with minor injuries, the sheriff said."

Wasn't the dog in question a Jack Russell, not a pit bull?

--
dvus

---