Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Ceiling texture

On Thu, 30 Mar 2017 21:27:00 -0500, "Snags backup"
wrote:

I'm sitting here in my son's living room , where I have just replaced part
of the ceiling that got wet from an evap coil enclosure leak . Got the
drywall up and mud/taped all around , now I gotta figure out how to match
the texture . It looks like a sanded mud that's had a brush or something
swirled on the surface . Kinda random , some swirls and some more like
streaks . Applied about 1/16"-1/8" thick then swirled or whatever .
I need some suggestions , I've never done this before ...
--
Snag

If you are doing the whole ceiling it is pretty much a freeform thing
but if you are trying to match existing it is art forgery. It takes a
real artist to do it.
I would get a wall paper brush and a small bucket of mud, thin it and
roll it on some scrap drywall and practice with the brush. When you
think you have a feel for it, try the ceiling.