Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] bruce2bowser@gmail.com is offline

Default Fun with scrap ( diamond coated stainless disks )

wrote:
On Sunday, March 26, 2017 at 6:12:29 PM UTC-4, Hul Tytus wrote:
Dan - it's nice to hear of real scrap yard rather than the auto parts only
versions. Wilmington's a bit too far from here (Cincnnati) but I will keep
it in mind.

Hul

Well if you are ever in the vicinity, contact me. I am in the book.

Besides the scrap yard, there is a bunch of Du Pont stuff. Hagley
is where they made black powder. It is 100 plus acres and has
a line shaft operated machine shop. The line shaft can be driven
by an electric motor or a water turbine.

Nemours Mansion is Alfred DP 's home. It is also on a good sized
lot. They did a 20 million dollar refurbishment a few years back.

And there is Winterthur, another Du Pont estate turned into a
place to visit.

And nearby is Longwood Gardens. Yep another DuPont estate.

And the Delaware Museum of Natural History. And the Delaware
Art museum. The Belanca Museum. All with some ties to the Du Ponts

And a train station on the New York ------Washington D.C. line.
My wife came back today from N.Y.C.

Have lunch or dinner at the Du Pont hotel. And walk from my house
to a micro brewery/pub or go up to PA and visit the Victory Brewery/pub.

Are the beer and liquor sales in Pennsylvania the same as in Delaware?