Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Blank RF Probe tips

On Wednesday, March 29, 2017 at 12:44:24 PM UTC-4, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Wed, 29 Mar 2017 09:23:52 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled
to your informed opinion. Nobody is entitled to be ignorant."
Harlan Ellison

I beg to differ. I one did some work in a sausage factory (adjacent
to feed lot) which caused me to loose my taste for sausage. Believe
me, you do not want to know how sausage is made. If the public was
properly informed, the entire sausage industry would collapse. Better
ignorant than informed.

Oh, I dunno. I am of the belief that one should not engage in an activity unless one is willing to engage in the necessary and enabling first steps at some level more than theoretical.

Eat chicken much? Learn to kill, gut and pluck.
Eat meat much?
Eat fish much?

True, this society has gotten so far from the 'squeal' end of the process that those enjoying the bacon rarely have a clue. But it is that 'squeal' where reality starts in, and the moment that end-user loses the connection entirely, we are done as a society.

There is a working organic farm not far from our summer house run by a very hard-working couple who are also friends of ours. We have learned a great deal from them. But, until one is willing to put a bullet in the steer's brain, hoist it (no longer 'him') up on a pulley, gut, clean, skin, and butcher it, it is too abstract to be real. We have canine teeth for a reason, and we produce protein busting enzymes in our saliva for a reason. We need the intellectual as well as intestinal fortitude to live with the connections..

Having made sausage - I have no problems with the process.

The difference between ham and eggs?

The chicken is involved.
The pig is committed.