Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Solar Powered Garage Door Opener.

On Wed, 29 Mar 2017 08:12:45 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"

On 2017-03-24, Jim Wilkins wrote:
"whit3rd" wrote in message

BTW -- Sorry about the delay. My firewall system died and it took
me a few
days to re-learn enough about the program to configure a new one
in new hardware to get on the air again.

Now -- the easy way would have been to go on eBay and purchace a
replacement power supply for that system (not a common one, and not
room
to kluge something else into a 1U high system), but without a
working
firewall, eBay was out of reach. (Besides, it might have taken
longer to find a replacement anyway. :-)

Enjoy,
DoN.

If you need cheap backup Internet access, XP still works with IE8, and
better with Firefox. This laptop is only a 1.6 GHz single-core on
dialup.

Malware hasn't been a problem but if you worry about it you can backup
or clone the hard drive with free software, then wipe and restore an
infected (or user-damaged) drive.

I do have a newer, faster Win7 system nearly ready to replace it. That
"broken" laptop cost me $1 at a flea market, plus $40 for an SSD.

You're lucky that Usenet is text-only with a dialup system. What else
do you access with it? I remember my dialup years with horror and
pain, all the way back to watching individual characters show up on my
screen @ 1200baud. (I avoided 300baud by starting late.)

I limp along in the high-speed world at a mere 5Mbps DSL link. For
almost 5 years, CenturyLink has bombarded me monthly with ads saying
"Only $20/mo for up to 30Mbps speeds" yet until last year, with my
37th complaint, that they bumped me to 5 from 3Mbps. Watching Netflix
was a pain. Every time it had to rebuffer 60 seconds of data, I'd sit
and wait with a frozen screen. That got old in a hurry.

--
The more you know, the less you need.
-- Aboriginal Saying