Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Lead Burning plates inside old lead acid cells

On 2017-03-26, Jim Wilkins wrote:

[ ... ]

My usual chuck is a 6-1/4" Bison with two-piece jaws. I do have
a 6" 6-jaw, and I also don't have the outside jaws, and *want* them.
:-)

Enjoy,
DoN.

Since I have a larger 4-jaw, Bob Cumings at NE Brass and Tool talked
me into a 5" Bison 3-jaw Set-Tru for my 10" South Bend, because the
carriage can pass under it to put the tool post on the left side (or
maybe to get rid of an oddball size that didn't sell?)

I keep left-side cutting pressure from sliding the work off the jaws
with a sleeve of pipe and a live pipe center. When hand tapping or
reaming large holes having the carriage completely out of the way has
been very convenient and probably safer.

-jsw