Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Baron[_4_] Baron[_4_] is offline

Default Blank RF Probe tips

prodded the keyboard with:

On Mon, 27 Mar 2017 14:56:06 -0500, Foxs Mercantile
wrote:

On 3/27/2017 2:46 PM,
wrote:
I've found the schematics for several different probes, and I know
that some people build them in a pill bottle, or ink pen shell, or
whatever, but I'd like to find some of the REAL shells if they are
sold.

Heathkit and Eico come to mind, but they haven't been sold in over
40 years.

Yep, those are the schematics I have, and maybe some popular
electronics magazine articles as well.

I know this new generation of fat lazy kids are too lazy to build
kits, but probes are still used even on modern electronic test gear.
I'm sure there are some technicians, experimenters and some older
guys who still want to build a special needs probe, and need a
plastic shell with tip
to do so.... Someone must sell them....

I used to make mine from copper and gas water pipe with Tuffnel plugs
at the ends and copper nails for the tip. Nowadays I would heat
shrink a cover on them.

--
Best Regards:
Baron.