Posted to alt.home.repair
TimR[_2_] TimR[_2_] is offline

Default water is yellow after draining hot water heater

On Tuesday, March 28, 2017 at 6:00:01 AM UTC-4, Diesel wrote:
Boilers convert water to steam, which is used for a variety of
purposes, including heating air within a forced air heating system,
heating water for household uses or even steam-cleaning carpets and

No, they don't. The majority of "boilers" merely heat hot water. Steam boilers are a smaller percentage of the total.

I don't like that terminology, I think the term should be reserved for something that makes steam, but for whatever reason that is how it is used.

Then there is the Apollo type system, where an open loop boiler/ho****er heater does both hydronic heating and domestic hot water heating.