Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] damduck-egg@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default BBC TV: The Repair Shop

On Tue, 28 Mar 2017 08:30:25 GMT, DerbyBorn
wrote:

Have they run out of money for repeating railway journeys
with Mr Portillo ?.

I don't mind as it isn't a programme I regularly saw - so most are "new" to
me.

Bloody annoying when somewhere he features is where you have recently
visited, Missus ",Oh we didn't see that , I would like to have done
that". Yes , Dear we went on a short visit for a couple of days, he
has a research team* that finds out about the region and arranges
everything before he goes, and not all those places are just around
the corner and not all just open up as easily as it appears on the
telly.

* I actually went to a talk given by him recently and he mentioned his
team. It's only small but they are almost all in their early twenties
either on their way to ,in the middle of or recently left University,
quite interesting work I would think.

G.Harman