Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default rotary three phase converter motors.

On 03/27/2017 6:45 PM, whit3rd wrote:
On Monday, March 27, 2017 at 3:01:02 AM UTC-7, dpb wrote:
On 03/26/2017 9:32 PM, Martin Eastburn wrote:
When I was in big industry we would import machines from Europe and they
would come and install them. The motors would be both 3 phase and 50 hz.

A bud returned from stint in Army in Germany with fancy new Dual
turntable and was _most_ sorely disappointed in its performance...

Yeah, but... at least the one I recall, there's a stepped shaft, you just
shift the idler to the 60 Hz step...

These used a rubber driver wheel. The fix is swap out a US motor and
idler but they were almost as pricey as the whole turntable. The GI
that unloaded it to him talked him into it by claiming the fine tune
speed knob could compensate...