Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] oldschool@tubes.com is offline

Default Blank RF Probe tips

On Mon, 27 Mar 2017 17:21:00 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

You are making it far too easy. A basic search found these and two other links to them.

Give a man a fish....

Agreed on the BS factor however. When it is convenient to whine about China,
let's whine. When it is convenient to use their products, go for it. XAM product
s were part of the initial foray in the race for the bottom. That $0.99 pair of unde
rwear as it were. To mix a metaphor, the rest of the camel inevitably followed. An
d here we are.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

This XAM was made in Taiwan, which I know is darn near the same as
China, but it was made around 1970, and made quite well. The entire case
is metal, and well made. For my stereo, I like tube amps and want more
power, but for a computer sound system, I just want to hear what is
coming out of the computer. My laptop has practically no volume at all
from it's internal speakers. Now I can actually hear it, and I am
pleased with the sound. I spent almost twice what I paid for the XAM
about a year ago, for some of the so called "computer speakers". They
had poor sound, and they quit working after 7 months. My prior ones
lasted maybe 2 years, and they had crappy sound too.

Sure, I had the speakers that I am using on this XAM, but I know this
system will outlast any of those cheap computer speakers and it's still
small enough to haul around easily. When I saw it, I knew that is was
what I was looking for. And it suits me well for the intended use. Not
to mention it was cheap.

Even without a schematic, I am sure I can fix it. Particularly since it
has real power transistors for the output stage, not those damn ICs that
usually can not be replaced, because they are not available.

But I'd still like to have a schematic if I can locate one.