Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Solar Powered Garage Door Opener.

Good old Harbor Freight has a panel and sells the electronics to make
?12V? - have to check the site. Might have a 120v a.c. driven from a
battery and an inverter. Likely need a charger from the panel.

Martin

On 3/27/2017 10:39 AM, David R. Birch wrote:
On 3/11/2017 1:44 PM, David R. Birch wrote:
I've been think about installing this in my garage which has no
electricity running to it. I've googled "Solar Powered Garage Door
Opener" and only found general talk, no one who's actually done it and
no company that makes one.

Has anyone here done this or have more info?

David

Amazing # of answers that don't address my question.

From what I can find, many garage door openers use 12v or 24v motors
with a step down transformer. Bypassing that transformer seems the way
to go.

Much talk about how to construct a system that I've seen elsewhere,
nothing from any who have actually done it.

I don't see any reason why the concept is flawed, so why isn't there a
complete system on the market already? Maybe this is my road to vast
wealth?

OTOH, considering what I've paid for these gems of wisdom, what did I
expect?

:^)

David

---