Tom J

Default Difference between whole-house surge supressor and secondary surge arrestor

"Vinnie Murdico" wrote in
message . net...
If this is the case, how do people protect the expensive equipment attached
to cell towers, ham radio towers, TV and radio transmission towers? I have
to imagine these towers get their fair share of lightning strikes. I can't
see the TV stations unplugging their transmitters atop the Empire State
building every time a thunderstorm approaches. g

The difference is, they have elaborate grounding systems that take the
lightning strikes. If you want to spend a few thousand dollars you can do the
same for your house.

Tom J