Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Auto Body Shop Rip-Off Attempt

On Mon, 27 Mar 2017 19:41:36 -0400, wrote:

On Mon, 27 Mar 2017 15:00:55 -0700, Oren wrote:

On Mon, 27 Mar 2017 14:47:20 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

Zip ties are a hack that will hold until she comes back home next month. At that pont I will
have the proper fasteners.

After driving 350 miles back from working on my Dad's house for 3 days, I had less than an
hour to diagnose and repair the vehicle before she left for her 2.5 hour drive back home.
There was no way I was running out to auto store to buy a half dozen push fasteners.

You can call my repair anything you like. I call it the perfect solution for the time being and
still call the $600 quote from the body shop a ripoff.

I bet some of these perfectionist never had an exhaust bracket break.
A simple wire clothes hanger or bailing wire can get you home without
dragging the muffler. Adapt and overcome.

Those are OK emergency patches. When employed as a "permanent" repair
it is a different story.

Image that. Tires only go flat on one side too.