Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Auto Body Shop Rip-Off Attempt

On Monday, March 27, 2017 at 6:01:02 PM UTC-4, Oren wrote:
On Mon, 27 Mar 2017 14:47:20 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

Zip ties are a hack that will hold until she comes back home next month. At that pont I will
have the proper fasteners.

After driving 350 miles back from working on my Dad's house for 3 days, I had less than an
hour to diagnose and repair the vehicle before she left for her 2.5 hour drive back home.
There was no way I was running out to auto store to buy a half dozen push fasteners.

You can call my repair anything you like. I call it the perfect solution for the time being and
still call the $600 quote from the body shop a ripoff.

I bet some of these perfectionist never had an exhaust bracket break.
A simple wire clothes hanger or bailing wire can get you home without
dragging the muffler. Adapt and overcome.

Wait for it...Clare is going to tell us all how many years he's spent working on cars
and all the wonderful repairs he's done.