Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Foxs Mercantile Foxs Mercantile is offline

Default Blank RF Probe tips

On 3/27/2017 3:07 PM, wrote:
I know this new generation of fat lazy kids are too lazy to build kits,
but probes are still used even on modern electronic test gear. I'm sure
there are some technicians, experimenters and some older guys who still
want to build a special needs probe, and need a plastic shell with tip
to do so.... Someone must sell them....

Lets put a stop to this bull**** right now.

There is no shortage of "Kids" (either in the classic teen bracket, or
by you're implied definition of anyone else under 60) building kits.
The kit companies of yesteryear and their kits aren't in business any
more. The big thing now is Arduino, Instructables and the Makers.

As much as you hate "Anything Chinese" the bottom line is you can't
compete against them either. Heathkit is back and trying to sell kits
again. Tell me why I should pay $149 for an transistorized AM radio.

And after all your bellyaching about "I want tubes" I see you bought a
used MAX Model 200. That has neither any vacuum tubes in it, nor was
it manufactured in the US.

Oh, and all the prices you remember? Multiply them by roughly ten for
the value in today's currency. That $14 Heathkit something? $149 now.

So quite playing Rip Van Winkle and bitching that it's not the '60s
any more.

--
Jeff-1.0
wa6fwi