Posted to uk.d-i-y
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] is offline

Default Paki builders and terrible driving

On Mon, 27 Mar 2017 15:07:05 +0100, Dave W wrote:

"F Murtz" wrote in message
eb.com...
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 26/03/17 16:00, F Murtz wrote:
Don't know about the UK but in AU the rule is not give way to the right
(bet it is the same as here) the rule is give way to vehicles already in
the roundabout.
Oddly enough, if they are heading your way and are on the roundabout
already, they are on your right.

The point being if they are aproaching on your right but not already on
the roundabout you do not have to give way (but you would be silly to
force your way if they were barreling along at a rate of knots)

But advice in the UK seem to say give way to approaching vehicles but I
have not read the UK legislation

Only if a car on your right has entered the roundabout should you give way.
For large roundabouts there may even be enough distance for you to enter in
front of the other car without hindering it, but for pesky mini-roundabouts
it's safer to give way before the car actually enters, as you say.

Common sense (and the HC should say the same) dictates you give way to a car on your right if you cannot get out before he arrives at your position. Whether he's entered the roundabout or not is irrelevant, as cars go at different speeds, and roundabouts are different sizes.

The OP entered the mini-roundabout after the car on the right had entered

A better description would be:
I looked to my right, saw a left indicator, so drove on. I then saw he was going the wrong way and slowed down to avoid him.

and was passing him, and then pretended to ram it.

No, I slowed down enough to avoid it. Why should I slow even more?

--
Listerine was invented in the 19th century as powerful surgical antiseptic. It was later sold, in a very distilled form, as both a floor cleaner and a cure for gonorrhea. But it wasn't a runaway success until the 1920s, when it was pitched as a solution to "chronic halitosis", the faux medical term that the Listerine advertising group created in 1921 to describe bad breath. By creating a "medical condition" for which consumers now felt they needed a cure, Listerine created the market for their mouthwash. Until that time, bad breath was not conventionally considered catastrophic, but Listerine's ad campaign changed that. In just seven years, the company's revenues rose from $115,000 to more than $8 million.