Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_24_] Frank[_24_] is offline

Default Contractors: What do you use for tax software?

On 3/25/2017 8:34 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 3/25/2017 6:08 PM, Deguza wrote:
Hello all,

I am helping my buddy do his taxes. He is a small-time contractor,
usually doing minor remodeling and repairs.

I looked at TurboTax versions and could not figure out what to get.
There are so many of them!

For those of you who are doing their own taxes, what do you use?

Costco for example, sell the following:

https://www.costco.com/TurboTax-Home...100313230.html

That should do it. Have you looked at the on-line versions?

You don't pay anything until the end and they can give help if needed to
direct you to a different form. If you don't like it, don't file and
you have lost nothing but some time. Should work though.

I use that edition of Turbotax too even though just me and my little
consulting business. I like to buy it but know it is cheaper on-line.
It is a business tax deduction. Turbotax a year or two ago pushed us
into it when they removed business part from lower additions. I know
there are cheaper or free ways to go but may be more bothersome to work
with and are essentially beta testing so they can improve and sell more
and raise their price or start charging. TT stores all your previous
work and brings you back to the form with name, EIN etc making it easy
to fill in. Getting old and thought I might hire someone a couple of
years ago and got offhand quote of at least $400 from H&R Block. No
thanks, cost me maybe $85 this year and took less than 2 hours with TT.