Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Lead Burning plates inside old lead acid cells

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Mon, 27 Mar 2017 07:39:18 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

I bought this telescoping spray nozzle to wash the road salt from
under the car
https://www.amazon.com/Bon-Aire-7738.../dp/B003FV3DAU
and then thought it might help with the gutters.

Man, talk about _obvious_ Photoshopping on the outlet stream from
that
thing in those pictures. I'm sure, having used it, you'll agree.
Does debris not get stuck at the support spikes? It does with a
regular hose and my brass concentrator/sweeper nozzle, which is why
"shovel" first with the scythe and then wash. I thought the PW att.
would solve that easily.

What support spikes? My custom hangers wrap around underneath and
don't obstruct the top at all. The joint and downspout fittings are
screwed to the house, which is enough to prevent the gutter sections
from blowing away.

...A filter of landscaping
fabric over 1/4" hardware cloth is more effective.

I have an extra water barrel diverter from my sister, so I'll have
think about that extra filtering, too. I installed her diverter and
two barrels in one spot, next to her garden, and drilled a 3/4" hole
for a connector tube between them, allowing the one diverter to fill
both barrels.

Maybe I can just put the LS cloth over my existing light-bulb shaped
hardware cloth filter for that downspout...

I dished the screen that covers the $12 trashcan water barrels up
around the edges and down in the center like a volcano crater. The
downspout ends in an accordion section that can be made to stay in
place over the center or pulled straight down for the winter. The LS
cloth keeps out mosquitos.

Hardware cloth is easy to sculpt freehand, or into smooth curves by
pushing it into the mouth of a metal trashcan or bucket. Sheetmetal
Vise-Grips can fold over the sharp cut edge.

How did you seal the connector tube? My method of making bulkhead
fittings from hose repair ends may not be reliable.

-jsw