Posted to rec.woodworking
Ivan Vegvary[_2_] Ivan Vegvary[_2_] is offline

Default Help, cutting stair stringers

Need to cut stringer with 16 risers, each at 7.33 inches. (total 117-5/16").
Have a decent square and pair of gauges (clamps) that I acquired way back in the 60's.
Question: If I am off only 1/16" per tread, and it's accumulative, I will be off an entire scary one inch.
How do I conveniently measure total rise while the stringer is still on the saw horses, laid out but uncut?
Don't care if any riser is off by 1/16", simply don't want it to accumulate.

Thank you for all replies. No, too inconvenient to put riser in place. Job is 26 miles away.

Ivan Vegvary