Posted to uk.d-i-y
Malcolm Race[_2_] Malcolm Race[_2_] is offline

Default Skimming Brake drums

On 27/03/2017 11:44, rick wrote:
I need to get a set of brake drums (8" not huge ones)
There is a lip inside each and need to get rid of this before I install
new shoes, and reassemble

Anybody know of anywhere in S.Wales that does this ... I am in Neath.

Had a similar ptoblem with a Mk1 Mini in th elate 60s. Found a local
workshop who skimmed the drums AND provided a set of shimmed shoes. No
problems. I woiuld suggest that if you skim the drums you see if it is
nscessary th shim a set of shoes as well (in my case the linings were
rivited, not bonded)

Malcolm