Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Lead Burning plates inside old lead acid cells

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Sun, 26 Mar 2017 13:21:04 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"

With only one tree to contend with, an 80' Sequoia sempervirens (15'
from the house sigh) my tool is a golf-club style scythe
http://www.s200643392.onlinehome.us/img/6287262.jpg and the water
hose
with a pistol grip and brass concentrator screwed onto the end. My
roof is 4:12 and easy to walk on. I wrapped about 10 layers of
masking tape on the scythe blade so it doesn't scratch the paint,
then
push and lift the debris out as it builds up, spraying the remains
down the open-ended downspouts at each end, a 1/2 hour job twice a
year.

I picked up a curved wand attachment http://tinyurl.com/n2dknyt for
my
PW and will try that the next time I break out the PW, using the
large
nozzle to lower the pressure and mess.

I bought this telescoping spray nozzle to wash the road salt from
under the car
https://www.amazon.com/Bon-Aire-7738.../dp/B003FV3DAU
and then thought it might help with the gutters.

The extension tube I made is 1/2" EMT adapted to garden hose thread
with a standard watertight fitting on one end. I bored a male
hose-to-NPT fitting to slide over the EMT and attach the sprayer to
the other end.

The outer tube slides over the EMT and a rubber hose washer seals the
joint and holds the sprayer in place.

It does work, however I can't see how well from the ground and rinsing
the gutter with town water to reduce the debris in my rain barrel
counters the purpose of the rain barrel. A filter of landscaping
fabric over 1/4" hardware cloth is more effective.
-jsw