Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Skimming Brake drums

On 27/03/17 12:43, Tim+ wrote:
rick wrote:
I need to get a set of brake drums (8" not huge ones)
There is a lip inside each and need to get rid of this before I install
new shoes, and reassemble

Anybody know of anywhere in S.Wales that does this ... I am in Neath.

Have you checked the price of new drums? Might be easier than finding
anyone to skim drums these days.

Tim

Yep. I think new drums are around the £60 a pair for most cars and that
hardly covers getting them on a lathe.

"What kind of person is not interested in those things?"

"Jeremy Corbyn?"