Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default water is yellow after draining hot water heater

On 3/27/2017 2:24 AM, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
On Sun 26 Mar 2017 07:07:17p, Diesel told us...

Sun, 26
Mar 2017 09:47:29 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

On Sunday, March 26, 2017 at 2:30:09 AM UTC-7, Uncle Monster
wrote:
On Sunday, March 26, 2017 at 3:09:42 AM UTC-5, wg_2002 wrote:
So a couple weeks back I decided to drain my hot water heater.
Ever since then the hot water comes out with a yellow tint.
Any idea why this would happen?

Why would you heat hot water? Are you making steam? O_o

[8~{} Uncle Wet Monster

Try reading the story and understanding what he said.

Okay. The thing is though, if it's a 'hot water heater', it's a
boiler. If it's a 'water heater' which is what the OP actually
has, it's not. There is a difference between the two. So, perhaps
you should consider trying to understand the difference before
suggesting someone else, who obviously does understand the
difference, does so? Just a suggestion...

"Hot water heater" is a colloquialism for "water heater". In most
places a "boiler" is rarely called a "hot water heater". In the 7
cities I've lived in, the two terms were used interchangably, while
"boiler" has always meant boiler. But.....whatever floats your boat.

It is a boiler even though the water is heated to less than boiling.

Then there is the furnace. Rule of thumb, furnaces heat air, boilers
heat water. Yet there are many people that call the main heating device
of a house a furnace, even if it is a boiler.