Posted to uk.d-i-y
MuddyMike MuddyMike is offline

Default flytipping

On 26/03/2017 10:49, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Broadback was thinking very hard :
On 26/03/2017 09:19, Brian Gaff wrote:
Its getting out of hand everywhere. In my view the reason is simple.
If you
charge people for taking in their rubbish to a rubbish dump you in
effect
are contributing to the fly tipping problem.
Brian

+1

Our local council have for as long as I can remember, allowed for three
free bulky waste collections per year. Recently they invited feedback on
a scheme where they would charge £20 per collection, as a means to save
money. I have replied with 'rather than save money, it will cost more
for the council to clear up the additional mess after all the fly tipping'.

If its dumped on private land it cost the council nothing. Its the
landowners responsibility to clear it up and pay to tip it.

Mike