Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default water is yellow after draining hot water heater

On Sun, 26 Mar 2017 14:02:02 -0000 (UTC), wg_2002
wrote:

On Sun, 26 Mar 2017 01:20:27 -0700, Thomas wrote:

I would drain it again. Let is settle after refilling. Fill slow.
Probably suspended particles. Or try turning off the heat and let run
full faucet for a couple hours.

OK. Thanks for the info. I will try your suggestions and see if they
help. If they don't it might be time for a new hot water heater...:/

The water color can be rust. I don't drain my water heater or open
the PRV on it. My house here was vacant for six months during a
remodel. Sure enough, filling the new tub had rusted water. My pipes
are PEX. The heater was on the edge and went bad. New one fixed to
color water problem. YMMV.