Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default rotary three phase converter motors.

When I was in big industry we would import machines from Europe and they
would come and install them. The motors would be both 3 phase and 50
hz. Some would be not working in the speed needed when turned on so
some were replaced upon install. Others worked just fine. So brand new
motors were dumped into the scrap yard container. As we bought those,
one went to Japan and the motors had to be saved. They installed them
over there.

So some motors are new in the box without a box. Run only at QA overseas.

Martin

On 3/25/2017 8:22 AM, wrote:

When I was at the local scrap yard, _I saw some ( maybe 8 ) 10 hp three phase motors. It looked like some company had sent some spare parts to the scrap yard.

If anyone is interested I can get all the name plate data for you. This is in New Castle county, Delaware.

Dan