Posted to alt.home.repair
Diesel Diesel is offline

Default water is yellow after draining hot water heater

Sun, 26
Mar 2017 09:47:29 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

On Sunday, March 26, 2017 at 2:30:09 AM UTC-7, Uncle Monster
wrote:
On Sunday, March 26, 2017 at 3:09:42 AM UTC-5, wg_2002 wrote:
So a couple weeks back I decided to drain my hot water heater.
Ever since then the hot water comes out with a yellow tint.
Any idea why this would happen?

Why would you heat hot water? Are you making steam? O_o

[8~{} Uncle Wet Monster

Try reading the story and understanding what he said.

Okay. The thing is though, if it's a 'hot water heater', it's a boiler.
If it's a 'water heater' which is what the OP actually has, it's not.
There is a difference between the two. So, perhaps you should consider
trying to understand the difference before suggesting someone else, who
obviously does understand the difference, does so? Just a suggestion...

--
Sarcasm, because beating the living **** out of deserving people is
illegal.