Posted to alt.home.repair
Ricky J. Ricky J. is offline

Default vibrating pipes when any source is shut off.

replying to trader_4, Ricky J. wrote:
Trader$thanks for your help. It ended up being the pressure regulator. I went
back to the website I ordered this Sharbite regulator through, and sure enough
there were several customers who bought the same unit and had the same
complaint. I can't believe I didn't see them before I ordered it. Sharkbite
suggested turning the pressure screw one full turn to increase the pressure
and that should eliminate the noise. So, I did. It did lessen the vibrating,
but not enough so, I turned it another full turn up. The vibration is now
maybe a 5 second span versus the good 30 second span it was. I can live with
this until I can replace the regulator. Thanks again for your help.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...f-1127360-.htm